Re: [linux-audio-user] 64-bit AMD dual core mobo recommendations ?

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 21 2006 - 04:09:09 EEST

> My vendor had to install a beta BIOS in order to get ethernet working on
> Ubuntu 6.06.

Sounds like a problem with the Kernel Ubuntu uses, Ill have to check it
sometime as I certainly didnt do this and got a K8WE right when they
were released. My ethernet is working fine with the forcedeth driver,
though I havent tested it at gigabit speeds yet.

For the record I only have a single chip in it now, looking to upgrade
to twin dual cores, but works great for me with an NVidia card and RME
HDSP 96/32, <3mS latency with no problems, I could probably push it
farther but dont really have a need to.

        Seablade