Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour and RAM

From: Hans Fugal <hans@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 04:33:23 EEST

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 at 15:35 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Paul,
> I'm guessing that part of the question Drucer was asking was 'Does
> Ardour use only the amount of RAM it needs?'

Actually, I got the impression that he wanted to get a warm fuzzy from
someone telling him that his 4G would be utilized by the software and
not go to waste. But that's generally a bad thing, and the real answer
is you want the OS to make good use of your available RAM, not the
software. Linux does this, and quite well.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach