Re: [linux-audio-user] Just look at what you have done!

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 05:36:17 EEST

Thomas Vecchione wrote:

> Personally I don't care worth a lick for semantics, and I consider the
> fact that people do argue over this useless.

Well, that just makes it more fun for people like me to fill your inbox
with useless conversation...

> I also think the fact that anyone has trademarked Open Source
> ridiculous. That is a sign that our society has gotten much to uptight
> about many things.

If they didn't then some other company would and then potentially no one
would be able to use it. Possibly the trademark ensures that everyone
can keep using the term.

I guess Rob is referring to the same point. How strict are the OSI about
enforcing the trademark?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com