Re: [linux-audio-user] Just look at what you have done!

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 04:14:19 EEST

> I have an archive of the previous LinuxSampler discussions. It's
> a few dozen messages. I challenge you to provide the message
> ID's of any messages in those threads discussing the two
> specific issues I brought up.
> You can't, because everyone was too busy going, "Hey, they're
> violating the GPL" or "No, they're not" or "Hmm, I wonder if
> Tascam is behind this" to wonder if Linuxsampler is violating
> the OSI trademark or the FSF's copyright on the text of the GPL.

And the spirit of the discussion is the same, are they violating the
semantical issues of these things, or is does their intent make up for that.

Personally I don't care worth a lick for semantics, and I consider the
fact that people do argue over this useless.

I also think the fact that anyone has trademarked Open Source
ridiculous. That is a sign that our society has gotten much to uptight
about many things.