Re: [linux-audio-user] Audio quality

From: Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 22:46:32 EEST

On 8/29/06, Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> How do you compare the two?

Not predening on scientific comparison, I just listened to the same CD
records I have, on the same speakers.

As for delta quality, I was first really upset when I was trying to
record a sound from my synth.
Setup was the following:
synth -> headphones - sound was found
synth -> delta66 -> headphones - muddy, without that specific detail
that "made the sound"
synth -> delta66 -> speakers - no that detail also

I had Echo Indigo IO nearby and tried the following:
synth -> indigo -> headphones - gotcha! the same sound i heard
directly from the synth.

I didn't thought the differences would be that obvious.

Everything described is my personal experience and does not predend to
be anything more.

Regards,
Dmitry.

P.S. anyway, talent and hard work mean much more than hardware.