[linux-audio-user] RME Multiface II report

From: Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 00:11:43 EEST

Hi!
Want to share my yet short technical experience with new Multiface II and Linux.

1) alsa-firmware-1.0.11 works perfectly, with both .11 and .12 drivers

2) alsa-firmware-1.0.12 does not work (trying to resolve it on alsa-dev)

3) 64x2@email-addr-hidden works perfectly on stock 2.6.17-gentoo-r6 with patched
pam (gentoo is slow adopting here). Didn't tried heavy load, though.

4) 64x2 @ 96k does not work at all. jackd gets killed by watchdog.
seems it can't start playing.
128x2 @ 96k works perfectly.

5) if multiface box was power-cycled, firmware can't be loaded again,
hdsploader gives:

Upload firmware for card hw:0
Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:0 : Device or resource busy.

I have cardbus version, so the solution is to reinsert the card. I
suppose with pci you'll need a reboot.

6) More of a question: why alsamixer does not support hdsp? hdspmixer
functionality do not look too complex for alsamixer.

Hope this will help someone.

Best regards,
Dmitry.