Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour: trying to add a "bus" causes a crash?

From: Spencer Russell <slothlove@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 05:55:49 EEST

On 8/30/06, Ichthyostega <prg@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Sylvain Robitaille schrieb:
> > When I try to add a bus to the session ("Session -> Add Track/Bus"), it
> > causes Ardour to crash

Do you have JACK set to playback only? If I recall, I had this problem
with saved sessions. A new session would work, I think, but once I
saved it and opened it again, I couldn't add a bus if JACK was set to
playback only. If you set JACK to full duplex the problem should go
away. This bug was first reported on MANTIS (Bug 0000802) on 12-20-04
and it looks like somebody figured out how to get around it on
11-23-05. I guess not a lot of people run Ardour with JACK on playback
only.

-spencer