[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Audio Notebooks for recording? Any recommendations?

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 17:28:42 EEST

No reason why not to. Although any notebook can be used, I recommend a
notebook with an AMD processor (as many otherwise excellent LADSPA
plugins have a specific issue with certain Intel based processors) that
has a built-in firewire interface that can bus-power. (Ask your vendor
if you don't know what this means). To this firewire interface, I would
probably attach a Roland FA-101 for a good
price/quality/linux-workability ratio. You would have to check Gentoo
how well Freebob is supported and perhaps wait a little, I know Ubuntu
support for Freebob is due this October.

Carlo