Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Audio Notebooks for recording? Any recommendations?

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 31 2006 - 18:32:06 EEST

Hallo,
Carlo Capocasa hat gesagt: // Carlo Capocasa wrote:

> No reason why not to. Although any notebook can be used, I recommend a
> notebook with an AMD processor (as many otherwise excellent LADSPA
> plugins have a specific issue with certain Intel based processors)

Huh? I've never had any of these issues, afaik only some old
PIV-models were affected by some demormalization problems, but to my
knowledge it has been sorted out.

With AMD you may get different issues, like non-working W-LAN, worse
battery life, and you may have a hard time finding good open source
graphics drivers.

I'd recommend to check out the special sites on linux lapops,
especially tuxmobil.org. Most of the advice you get there is valid for
audio laptops as well. Your first goal should be to make sure in
advance that all the hardware in your laptop is supported, and that is
hard enough.

Ciao