[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Audio Notebooks for recording? Any recommendations?

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 17:35:50 EEST

> Huh? I've never had any of these issues, afaik only some old
> PIV-models were affected by some demormalization problems, but to my
> knowledge it has been sorted out.

Yeah, denormals.I own a moderately old (2003) Dell notebook that sports
a "Pentium 4 mobile" (don't know how that's wired) and ran into the
issue doing some mixing and mastering in ardour. A lot of plugins were
effected, even some of Steve's.

> With AMD you may get different issues, like non-working W-LAN, worse
> battery life, and you may have a hard time finding good open source
> graphics drivers.

You're right, I probably shouldn't have recommended AMD without having
tried it first. But I do have a feeling I'll try it next.

Carlo