[linux-audio-user] Re:Linux Audio Notebooks for recording? Any recommendations?

From: Sylvain Robitaille <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 01 2006 - 03:38:28 EEST

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> I have got a Toshiba Tecra, that sets literally all peripherals
> (cardreader, antenna, usb etc) on the same IRQ with the soundchip and
> i cannot change this via BIOS...

I have a Toshiba Tecra S1, and haven't found this to be a problem (in
fact, I'm not even sure I've ever noticed what IRQs are in use for
the peripherals on that system), though I do need to point out that
I've not used that laptop for any recording (it has been used for some
playback duties).

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl@email-addr-hidden
Major in Electroacoustic Studies                  Concordia University
Faculty of Fine Arts / Music Department       Montreal, Quebec, Canada