[linux-audio-user] Re:Linux Audio Notebooks for recording? Any recommendations?

From: Sylvain Robitaille <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 01:27:15 EEST

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Hartmut Noack wrote:

> I have got a Toshiba Tecra, that sets literally all peripherals
> (cardreader, antenna, usb etc) on the same IRQ with the soundchip and
> i cannot change this via BIOS...

I ran into a problem recently on my Tecra S1, that might have been caused
by what is reported above. Try appending "irqpoll" to the boot-time
options. It resolved the problem I was having (with the internal 802.11g
network interface), and might help with the problem's you're experiencing.

(quite excited to see new versions of Bristol and Rosegarden ... am
looking forward to trying both! Thanks to all who worked on these!)

Sylvain Robitaille                              syl@email-addr-hidden
Major in Electroacoustic Studies                  Concordia University
Faculty of Fine Arts / Music Department       Montreal, Quebec, Canada