Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:Linux Audio Notebooks for recording? Any recommendations?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 02:15:25 EEST

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 18:27, Sylvain Robitaille wrote:
> I ran into a problem recently on my Tecra S1, that might have
> been caused by what is reported above. Try appending
> "irqpoll" to the boot-time options. It resolved the problem I
> was having (with the internal 802.11g network interface), and
> might help with the problem's you're experiencing.

Does the Tecra have good enough built-in audio that it's worth
trying to resolve issues like that?

After trying to record onto 3 or 4 different laptops (using both
Windows and Linux) I finally broke down and got a USB
external "sound card" because the laptops all sounded like they
had some kind of bad Walkman preamps in them. Never mind the
shared IRQ's or bus stealing.

Rob