Re: [linux-audio-user] A lot of progrock/artrock online

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 11:24:28 EEST

Hi Al!
  Thanks for the nice criticism. Sometimes even I would like a bit more crispy
sounds, I'm trying and working on it.
  I myself use SuSE 8.1, heavily modified. I installed all the audio software
I use from source-tarballs and I'm running my own kernel. It works wonderful
for me. A lot better at least, than a lot of newer systems I know in my own
environment. Funny isn't it? And in the field of sound I'm up to date. :-)
It's really nice, having system since 2002 and it's still working without
major problems. In fact even without minor ones.
  But did you try CCRMA? I heard they're good and should run out of the box.
  I also had occasion to listen to the Flower Kings live 2004 in Paderborn.
Brilliant!
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------