Re: [linux-audio-user] That Windows feeling...

From: Drucer Ninetynine <drucer99@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 20:38:55 EEST

--- lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> ... but on the bright side, I got some things
> working, so it's nice to
> know that things do work to some extent using the
> hardware (M-Audio
> 1010LT, M-Audio DX4 speakers, Pulsar mic + phantom
> power) I bought and
> the computer (AMD X2 dual-core, MSI K8N Neo4/SLI
> mobo, 4GB RAM, GeForce
> 6600) I got.

You've got very nice system specs. Give it some time,
don't give up. All the ingredients are out there to
make one helluva audio system - you just need to learn
how to cook :)

I built LFS (Linux from scratch) system. It took some
serious interest to learn how to get it all together,
but it's been worth it in every possible way. I have
near perfect desktop audio system here with me right
now - I couldn't imagine it being much better no
matter what OS. This system delivers what Windows
system could not deliver. This is the environment I
feel at home - this is where I'm most productive.

But like I said - it required a lot of work. It
doesn't have to be like that for most of you.