Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio omnistudio USb jackd issues

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 05 2006 - 13:26:06 EEST

Chris Abbott wrote:

> Is it possible that Jack is sending the right information to get the
> sample format. I think I read somewhere that jack sends out stuff like
> S24_LE and according to the cats, the device identifies its 24-bit and
> others as S24_3LE.

IIUC Jack is supposed to do the above but it may not be setup to work
with the omnistudio. AFAIK no one else has used it with jack before.

The sample rates are the same as the usb quattro from the same era and
it works for me with 16 bit playback at 44100.

I use this commandline for standard use:

jackd -v -R -d alsa -d hw:1 -p 2048 -r 44100 -n3 -S -P

hth.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com