[linux-audio-user] Re: those funky drums

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 17:27:28 EEST

On 9/6/06, juuso.alasuutari@email-addr-hidden
<juuso.alasuutari@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> First I'd like to thank all the helpful people on this list, it's valuable
> have support like this when starting out with Linux audio. I was especially
> happy when I was told about Naturalstudio's free drum kit, it's great.
>
> Now to get back to the drum business. I personally can't imagine any sound
> better for drums than that heard on 70's funk records. As good as the ns kit
> is, I can't help wondering if there are tools out there that would bring out
> the funk in it. Are there any LADSPA plugins or other software someone could
> recommend to me? I'm guessing I need something that emulates old tape EQ's
> and
> compressors, right?
>
> Thanks again,
> Juuso

> This mail sent through L-secure: http://www.l-secure.net/

might also need to be able to play like a member of the MG's or some
other great soul band. ;) I recommend having a go of some drum pads,
i.e akai mpd or m-audio trigger fingers. Very, very handy for writting
nice drum stuff. Everything sounds so much more natural and alive and
it's so much easier to write something interesting.

Loki