Re: [linux-audio-user] finally... my 1st themes made with Linux

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 17:16:40 EEST

perlanegra proyect wrote:
> I have to suffer commercial software because of my job, but this
> summer I've had some spare time to make a serious work with Linux.
> They are a pair of raw electro themes with no time effects, "dogma
> sound" like I say... The links are here:
>
> http://perlssdj.blogspot.com/2006/09/xtatik-ep-new-electro-single-made-with.html

Kinda hardcore/experimental, but I like them! Wouldn't play them in a
club, but for me I like this style. What tools have you used?

> wich software do I need to mix audio 4 video with GNU/Linux ? I'm
> working on a video and I'd like to mix the sound with free software,
> maybe should I use Cinelerra? I think I've read something about audio
> plugins there, but can't remember the details... If somebody can help
> me, I'd be very pleased to hear u, thanx

I've been very happy to use xjadeo in jack-sync with ardour for editing
sound for videos. Find instructions here (in the readme in the tarball):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xjadeo/

What distro are you using? I've been hunting down packages for some
distros, wich might be good to have since it may be a bit hard to compile.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org