Re: [linux-audio-user] xruns every 30 seconds

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 07 2006 - 15:05:30 EEST

On Thursday, 7. September 2006 04:12, Paul Davis wrote:
> > I'd like to run jack on a rather old laptop (IBM Thinkpad X21, P3
> > 700MHz). The problem is that I'm getting xruns almost every 30
> > seconds. That is, not every time, but the interval between two xruns
> > is always an exact multiple of 30 seconds.
>
> CD media detection? power management features?

Well, actually this seems to be somehow related to power management. If I
boot with acpi=off, I'm not getting these xruns.
As I'd still like to use ACPI on this laptop, is it possible to disable it
just temporarily while jack is running? Or is there some other way to
keep ACPI from interrupting jack?