Re: [linux-audio-user] sound recording application

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 16:44:26 EEST

Hallo,
Maarten de Boer hat gesagt: // Maarten de Boer wrote:

> Could you explain what you mean with "much less reliable" ?
> I often use arecord, and find it very reliable.

arecord doesn't have a realtime priority mode, nuff said.

If arecord works for you, that's cool, but as I needed something that
would work daily, automatically and for years, I felt much better with
ecasound. And the command lines are just as simple as with arecord:

Record an ogg file from the "default" ALSA device:

$ ecasound -i alsa,default -o some.ogg

Record with realtime mode and double buffering:

$ ecasound -rt -z:db -i alsa,default -o some.ogg

Record this way for an hour:

$ ecasound -t 3600 -rt -z:db -i alsa,default -o some.ogg

Ciao