Re: [linux-audio-user] Very short composition

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 09 2006 - 16:38:29 EEST

Tim Howard wrote:

> Here is my first ever piece of Pure Linux Audio to be released to the
> general public.... [snip]
>
> Please give me some feedback! I would love to learn ways to produce
> better music with these programs.

Hi Tim:

I listened to your piece a few times, here's some ideas you might want
to consider.

I think you're on the right track with regards to layering your
instruments. However, you should take more time balancing the separate
tracks. Right now the instruments aren't blending so well. The guitar is
a little too far up front, and your other instruments need more
attention to their relationship with the guitar part. I realize that
you're excited by the possibilities opened up by this great software we
have, but perhaps you should take more time with the details of your
mix. Edits and retakes are parts of the creative process, you'll find
and do new things as you go over your work with the proverbial
fine-tooth comb.

Keep it up, send more stuff. :)

Best regards,

dp