Re: [linux-audio-user] Musix GNU/Linux 0.59 released

From: Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 01:43:50 EEST

El Lunes, 11 de Septiembre de 2006 00:05, Carlos Pino escribió:
> > Thanks for reporting: there are users that had used Musix 0.59
> > without problems, that's odd... I will wait a few hours to see if
> > the ISO image is really damaged: does the md5 check goes well?
> >
> > md5: 3ea12a2014a3d60e208f17a1b845734b
> >
> >       > I burned ISOs of Apodio and Dynebolic this morning, they
> >       > worked fine. I burned two discs for Musix, neither worked.
> > I think > something's wrong with the image.
> >
> > Try md5sum, please, and let us know! try burning at lower speeds
> > too...
> >

>   The same happens to me untill I change the cd (rw) and re-burn it
> at slower velocity. The checksum was right .

like this? md5: 3ea12a2014a3d60e208f17a1b845734b

I mean, the ISO file on your HD has this MD5?

> After that  everything
> went fine  with the default boot  ,I did just a small test.I must
> check it more extensively .

Well, this is getting odd and odd........ I will upload another ISO, so, if
there are possible problems, we will fix them.

>   Something that I still don't understand is why Ardour isn't yet
> updated to 0.99.3  .

Well, I have RPM packages, but, because Ardour is maybe the most important
package into Musix, I dont want to use alien to include it, I prefer to wait
the Debian maintainer...

> This version fixes some  0.99.2's  bugs and is
> some months old . Does know the  Debian maintainer about it ?

I think that Free (from 64Studio / DeMuDi), sent him a mail, or posted it as a
bug into Debian.

--
Marcos Guglielmetti
* Director del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux, 100% Software Libre