Re: [linux-audio-user] Musix GNU/Linux 0.59 released

From: Marcos Guglielmetti <marcospcmusica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 16:29:50 EEST

El Miércoles, 13 de Septiembre de 2006 20:29, Dave Phillips escribió:
> Sorry, Marcos, no errors are reported, the boot process simply passes
> through the CD drive as though no disc is there. I'm running Apodio
> 4.3.9 at this time on my desktop machine, it booted from disc with no
> problems. :(
>
> I'll try the discs on some other hardware and report back to you.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Ok, just for the record, here there is an user with a similar problem:

"""""""""
Re: [Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50
De: Sean Edwards <cybersean3000@email-addr-hidden>
  Para: Musix GNU+Linux users list <musix-users@email-addr-hidden>
  Fecha: 15/08/06 11:29

Greetings everyone.

I just downloaded the Musix 0.50 iso image, and burned
it to CD.  For some reason, the CD does not boot.

So far, I have tried Roxio for Windows, k3b on Linux
and cdrecord on Linux to create CD's from the .iso
image, and the results are the same; CD just won't
boot.  My PC doesn't see system loader on the CD; it
times out and then boots from the hard drive.

I will try these CD's in my machine at work, and I
will try downloading the .iso to that machine and burn
a disk with it.

I have an idea of the questions that will come my way,
so here are the answers to some of them:

Yes, I have booted from CD in the past, in fact, I
have Musix 0.40 currently installed using Grub to
dual-boot with Win XP Pro.

No, I have not tried these CD's in another PC. I will
do that at work.

Yes, I have mouted the CD's to see if data is on them.

Yes, I have mouted the .iso image on the loop back
device and compared it to what was on the CD; it all
matched.

Does anybody else have this problem with Musix 0.50?

Thank you for your help,

-=cybersean3000=-

Then:

Re: [Musix-users] Re: Musix 0.50