Re: [linux-audio-user] [songs] songs /songs/ </songs>

From: Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 02:33:47 EEST

Robert Jonsson escribió:
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 11:58, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:13:29PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
>>
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_bloodsimple1.1.og
>>> g
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_preludium_to_arma
>>> geddon1.0.ogg
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_i_gotta_hand_it_t
>>> o_you1.1.ogg
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_ddb3.ogg
>>> http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_minute_jazz.o
>>> gg http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_xper1.5.ogg

Good job :-) , nice sound and very good guitar playing .
>> While the jazz and preludium just arn't my thing,
>>

> Mmm :) The jazz thingy is more or less a joke (hope I don't make to may
> enemies by saying this), it's somekind of proof that experimental jazz is not
> music. ;-P
> It was created in 15 minutes using some nice midi instruments and just (nearly
> randomly) hitting keys on the keyboard cutting and pasting just a tad and
> adding a hihat beat.
>
> Not that I don't like this kind of music, I very much like EST for instance,
> but it's a thin line.

   Just a thought about the jazz joke ( no enemies here ;-) ) , and that
"thin line" that you talk about .
   I think Is the honesty and "actitude" where this "thin line" becomes
"fat" .
   I'm thinking in people like Ornette ,Miles ,Coltrane ,Herbie Hancock
or many others that touch this "thin line" in any time of his career .

  Thanks for your music and also for that greate tool called MusE :-)

 Saludos.
-- Carlos .