[linux-audio-user] Re: Choosing a pro mobile firewire card

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 00:39:22 EEST

2006/9/17, Iain Duncan <iainduncan@telus.net>:
> I just got a new mac powerbook ( bought mac for business reasons, need
> to be able to run OSX ) and am looking forward to putting a dual boot on
> there, though I realize that won't yet be trivial.

See freebob.sf.net for supported devices...

> I'm wondering what the best options are for a pro mobile all-in-one
> firewire interface. Are there good drivers yet for any of them? MOTU is
> totally un-linux friendly, correct?

Correct.

> Any feedback on RME's Fireface cards or other options?

RME's FW-devices aren't supported.

But why don't you combine the OSX-hardware-support with the
opensource-software? Good thing about free software is that it isn't
limited to linux. And there are ardour- and jack-packages for OSX
available and probably for a lot of other free music software too...

Arnold

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---