Re: [linux-audio-user] autotune in ardour

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 22:34:12 EEST

On 9/18/06, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> My singing is not at good as it could be, but I'd still like to do some
> demo tracks. Is there anything out there that will autotune my voice,
> maybe in the form of a ladspa plugin, for use in ardour? Should mention
> that I've never used anything of this kind before and all my recent
> recording experience is under linux with ardour...

Look up the LADSPA plugin, "phase-vocoder based pitch shifter" (or
something like that), which does a quite good job at very slight
tuning adjustments. It is completely manual, though, so you have to
edit the plugin automation in Ardour for best results.

I have done this on one song, and had reasonable results, but it took
a lot of effort.

Let me know off-list if you want to hear the before and after...

-TimH