Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Digi96/8 PST and jackd watchdog timeout

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 16:39:50 EEST

Markus Schwarzenberg escribe:
> - Try changing the sample rate

Like this it works:

$ jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:1,0 -r96000 -p1024 -n8

According to AlsaOpensrcOrg this card has a fixed buffersize of
64KBytes so for the analog I/O you're forced to choose between:

     (16 bit wordsize)
    --2048 frames and 8 periods
    --512 frames and 32 periods

    (32 bit wordsize)
    --1024 frames and 8 periods
    --256 frames and 32 periods

I've set to 96KHz 32 bit 1024 frames 8 periods and it works more or
less nicely. Unfortunately latency is 85 ms and I counted on this card
to provide me a much lower latency.

According also to AlsaOpensrcOrg, with recent enough versions of ALSA
and jackd I could set the number of periods used to any number below
the number of periods created, resulting in much lower latency. But I
don't know how to do this. Any help welcome!

> - Try selecting the analog input (you know rmedigicontrol?) or

I did not know about rmedigicontrol! Now I've set input to analog and
I can launch jackd full duplex without delay warnings.

> - Try providing a 44.1kHz clock source on the selected digital input
> channel. I vaguely remeber having such problems with my DIGI96/PRO
> when there is no digital input (OK, the /PST has analog input in
> contrast to the /PRO)

Yep I'm working analog. I purchased this card in order to be able to
output sound via S/PDIF to my minidisc apart from having top class
stereo analog I/O converters.

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres   "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus