Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Digi96/8 PST and jackd watchdog timeout

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 16:47:31 EEST

Ismael Valladolid Torres escribe:
> According also to AlsaOpensrcOrg, with recent enough versions of ALSA
> and jackd I could set the number of periods used to any number below
> the number of periods created, resulting in much lower latency. But I
> don't know how to do this. Any help welcome!

Sorry! Yes, if I set period size to 256 ALSA knows it must allocate 32
periods. Then jackd sets the number of *used* periods instead of
*allocated* periods. Now I'm at 5 ms latency. What a soundcard!

For the records:

$ jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:1,0 -r96000 -p256 -n2

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres   "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus