Re: [linux-audio-user] old booze, new bottle

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 22:57:21 EEST

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:24:26 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I've put a new recording here :
>
> http://linux-sound.org/prelude.ogg
>
> The piece is not new, but this time I used ZynAddSubFX's lovely DX
> Rhodes 2 instead of my beloved TX802s. Zyn sounded so good I started
> seriously considering giving up my hardware synths. I may not go so far
> yet, but it's only a matter of time.
>
> Anyway, I hope you like the piece, it's just a brief instrumental
> sequenced in Sequencer Plus Gold and performed by that program running
> under DOSemu. Throw in Zyn and QJackCtl, and there you have it. :)
>
> More (new) stuff coming soon...
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Very nice too.

Don't throw away your hardware synth just yet though :)

I've been getting quite a lot of practise in with Zyn, but there are
still some voices that I can't get right that are available on my Sound
canvas or SY35.

... then again there are things that Zyn can do easily that I haven't
seen anywhere else <shrug>.

--
Will J G