Re: [linux-audio-user] Intel HDA and Jack

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 19:44:41 EEST

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 19:19 +0300, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a brand new Dell D820 here which has worked very well, except for
> jackd. But: I just found a way to get jackd running! (Thanks Paul)

Stop the presses!

My previous analysis proved to be absolutely wrong. This has nothing to
do with jackd parameters. The problem comes from ... mixer settings!

The intel-hda driver does not provide any samples for jackd if the
"Capture" element (on the capture side of alsamixer) is not enabled for
capturing.

This is easily proved by starting jackd when capturing is enabled, then
look at jackd's output / xrun count rocket when you disengage capturing.
When you re-engage capturing jackd normalizes again (providing that
jackd's watchdog didn't have time to kill jackd).

  Sampo