[linux-audio-user] Waveform to image file..?

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 13:57:32 EEST

I've got an interesting question from an English teacher here in Norway.

He's wondering if his students could upload wavefiles to a server, and
get back an image of the wavefile in a webpage. They want to compare the
waveforms of different sounds in the English language.

So what I'm thinking is that if some commandline soundapp could feed the
waveform to ImageMagick, or something like that, and then the user could
request the image through a webpage.

Any thoughts on that approach? Is there other ways of achieving this
with free software?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I've got ssh-access to a Debian server on wich I can install and run
apps, and it's got a LAMP stack I can use.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org