Re: [linux-audio-user] Waveform to image file..?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 18:13:41 EEST

On Monday 25 September 2006 06:57, Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:
> So what I'm thinking is that if some commandline soundapp
> could feed the waveform to ImageMagick, or something like
> that, and then the user could request the image through a
> webpage.

Yeah, you'd need something to plot the points of the waveform (or
some subset thereof) on a bitmap. I'd write a CGI script in
perl to do that, myself, using either the ImageMagick or GD
modules. It should be pretty easy as long as the audio's
uncompressed.... if it's not, you could always shell out to sox.

Rob