Re: [linux-audio-user] WINE and ASIO

From: Ken <renueden@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 18:11:08 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Recently I tested Robert Reif's ASIO driver for WINE. It works okay
> for some small test apps (asiosiggen and asiodump). I also tested it
> with NI's FM7, the app opens fine but I got no sound from it. I even
> loaded and played a MIDI file as a demo but still got no joy from the
> audio.
>
> I'm curious to try other ASIO-driven apps but I need some
> recommendations for light-to-middle weight programs for testing.
> Free/shareware is best, but feel free to suggest commercial apps too.
> I don't use Win/Mac music apps and I have no idea where to start.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

I've played alot with M$ music apps, and the best in my opinion were
Reaktor and Kontakt2 sampler. Reaktor is what I wish Csound could
become. The pre-built synths people have made were/are amazing.

One thing that bothers me though, is why are Linux peeps playing with M$
apps instead of funneling that energy towards replacements in native Linux?

I can no longer support commercial software and the bizness model for
personal reasons, but I wish that Linux had a bit more to offer as far
as music creation goes.

Ken