Re: [linux-audio-user] Solved: flash movie buffering problems

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 20:25:36 EEST

On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 02:22:08PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:09 +0100, tim hall wrote:
> > .mpg is great for video. I agree that flash players for other media
> > suck. However .mpg doesn't provide animated vector graphics with
> > scriptable interactivity, unless I've missed something.
>
> Yes but who really cares about Flash games? YouTube is THE killer app
> of the web right now and Linux users are locked out.

I use a perl script called youtube-dl to grab video from youtube and
then watch them in Mplayer. It is ugly, but on the upside, it doesn't
require flash player, which I feel has a heavy destablizing effect.
Plus, mplayer is better at supporting alsa or jack than flash player
is.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd@email-addr-hidden