Re: [linux-audio-user] WINE and ASIO

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 25 2006 - 22:50:23 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:

> FM7 still looks like it's working, but I still get no audio from it. :(

Scratch that. For some reason the master volume gets set to 0 for each
patch.

Demudi 1.3 Debian Etch, kernel 2.6.15 (homebrew)
WINE 0.9.21 patched for ASIO support.
WineCfg audio/MIDI set for ALSA.
JACK period size set to 1024 to accommodate apps' recommended ASIO setting.
Audio and MIDI work nicely. I loaded a MIDI file demo, and I played the
synth from an external MIDI keyboard.

Potential interest should be modulated by the capabilities of Robert's
driver. Currently it supports only two channels and doesn't
self-configure via JACK (buffersize is hard-coded at 1024). Also, I
don't know how much more work Robert will put into the project. But the
code is there, it's a good start, and it works.

Best,

dp