Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Digi96/8 PST, no S/PDIF out apparently

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 15:08:48 EEST

Paul Davis escribe:
> On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 10:51 +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> > I assumed that the same sound output was being forwarded to both the
> > analog output and the optical output as S/PDIF, but I might be wrong.
>
> you are almost certainly wrong. reflecting the design of most chipsets,
> ALSA tends to represent analog and digital I/O's as distinct PCM
> devices.

$ cat /proc/asound/devices
(...)
 48: [ 1- 0]: digital audio playback
 49: [ 1- 1]: digital audio playback
 56: [ 1- 0]: digital audio capture
 57: [ 1- 1]: digital audio capture

Then could it be that 1-0 is expected to be analog and 1-1 S/PDIF?

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres   "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus