Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 26 2006 - 17:57:07 EEST

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 11:05,
linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > MIDI works fine but one must specify the -mididev if this is not the
> > first alsa/oss device. Mine being the second one, I have to give it
> > /dev/midi1 in a OSS mode and hw129:0 in ALSA. I assume there is a way of
> > (setting up for) using device names instead of this stuff.
>
> Please, David :
> how did you make out the correct id (hw129) for your midi device ?
> I also have a USB keyboard as my second soundcard, but I cannot make
> out its id ...
> It is listed in /proc/devices as KONTROL49, but that is not a correct
> id for Bristol, obviously ...

Works just fine either way.

> Also, to Nick :
> would it be possible for Bristol MIDI connections to show up in
> QJackctl or Patchage ? This would enable ignorants like me to patch
> Bristol to their MIDI devices :-)

Jack stuff should show up in Qjackctl connections and then the user could
connect to whatever input and output he/she chooses (just like most other
jack apps).

It might be nice to have a little control window in Bristol to be able to
dynamically connect rather than have to always do it on the command line but
this is not necessary, especially if jack works and the connections show up!