Re: [linux-audio-user] Low-budged live recording hardware solution ?

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 16:22:54 EEST

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:22:53 -0500
Wade Nelson <hollywoodb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> What I'm looking for, ideally, will be a card with:
> XLR input mic level inputs
> Line level inputs
> high-impedance instrument-level inputs (not necessary, but would be
> nice)
> 5.1 output (doesn't need to be spdif)

The M-Audio 1010LT is listed at $250 US but I got mine brand new for
less. Has 2 XLRs, 8 unbalanced I/Os, MIDI, spdif with DTS/AC-3
surround, word clock for sync. Works natively with FC5/CCRMA, no need
to configure anything. Use envy24control (part of FC5/CCRMA) to set
levels, etc...

A review:

http://www.sonicstate.com/articles/article.cfm?id=41

Cheers,