Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: There's A Girl

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 04 2006 - 10:41:44 EEST

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 10:37:48PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> >http://www.archive.org/details/theres_a_girl

> That's an interesting take on the topic.
>
> - The wind is a nice touch.
>
> - The timbre and rhythm of the vocal track fits very nicely.

Thanks :)

> - Your English passes the basic test of not obviously sounding like a
> second language. Which is something that I have found ruins many
> otherwise well crafted Amatuer/Semi-pro tracks.

Cool. Havn't actualy spoken english since several years, but
I listened to drew's spoken words closely and after dozens of
takes ... :)

> - I found myself wanting the vocal to start about 1 minute into the track.
>
> My suggestion is to bring in the vocal track earlier and loop it a
> couple more times with more effects/layering/remixing/dubbing each time
> to really highlight and emphasize the tormented, cynical and slightly
> submissive nature of the lyrics.

I considered looping it 3 or 4 times, but was worried it could only wear
out. The last line of the text justs asks for an end. But if I ever toch
this again, I will take your suggestion into account.

--
Thorsten Wilms