Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: There's A Girl

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 15:42:01 EEST

Hi Thorsten,

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 16:05, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/theres_a_girl

<...>

> These words and the inherent rhythm inspired me to
> make a track, and after trying rap and some kinda
> reggae, I finally pulled this through.
>
> My usual tools: Om, MusE, Jamin
> Other tools: my voice, keyring and a coffee mug.
>
> If anyone thinks he can add something, or do a
> better job at singing ... i'm all ears and willing
> to make revised version in cooperation.
> All files can be made available on request.
>
> All feedback welcome. I especialy like to hear
> descriptions of the track, your own view on it.
> Reviews at the archive would also be nice ;)

Oh, this was an odd bird, as usual very well produced!
Recalling some of your earlier pieces this feels very differently. Partly of
course because there are real voices in there. :)

I found the asian theme in the beginning very airy and nice. As someone else
noted it changes to something else when the vocals come in, quite nice but
the vocals could be processed further.
I think the lead lacks some presence, possibly just bring it closer in the
mix, or increase high mid (or something).
At times there is some low frequency synth sound in the background that
competes with the voices (or is it a voice?), it grows a little muddy over
that period.

As I said, very well produced, so my comments are therefore of the nitpicking
kind. Or as a friend always says; I compare everything with the sun. ;)

Oh, one last question. The drumming, is that an Om patch??

Regards,
Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/