[linux-audio-user] Music: There's A Girl

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 17:05:47 EEST

Hi!

http://www.archive.org/details/theres_a_girl

"There's a girl, that want's to own you
from your head, down to your toes
She wants your mind, your soul and spirit
Why it is, she only knows

You must take, your money with you
Every night, out on the town
You hesitate, just for an instant
She'll cut you loose, to sink and drown

Her heart is cold, so cold and deep boy
Like the waters, of the ocean's tongue
Her eyes are sharp, they'll stab your back boy
So watch her close, don't turn and run."

A text by drew Roberts, which you can find as spoken
words at
http://www.archive.org/details/dragirl

These words and the inherent rhythm inspired me to
make a track, and after trying rap and some kinda
reggae, I finally pulled this through.

My usual tools: Om, MusE, Jamin
Other tools: my voice, keyring and a coffee mug.

If anyone thinks he can add something, or do a
better job at singing ... i'm all ears and willing
to make revised version in cooperation.
All files can be made available on request.

All feedback welcome. I especialy like to hear
descriptions of the track, your own view on it.
Reviews at the archive would also be nice ;)

Cheers,
Thorsten Wilms