Re: [linux-audio-user] ot-ish : trackballs

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 12:08:08 EEST

2006/10/11, greg <gkjoyce@gmail.com>:
> Just wondering if anybody has any experience using trackballs. I have
> the impression that it would be more ergonomic and might offer better
> precision/control for selections, etc. It looks like Kensington($$$) and
> logitech are the only companies making them now.

I do have a logitech trackball, one with the ball under the thumb. I love it!

And to get back on topic for audio: Its really nice if you have to
usethe computer live, there is not much space needed for the mouse
driving around and it want slip from the rack as likely as a mouse.
Most times I just put the trackball on a lesser used section of the
mixer and be happy.

Oh, and forget the touchpads in laptops, they might be okay if you
have your laptop on your knees but I find them impractical for any
serious work...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/