Re: [linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 23:30:34 EEST

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 13:02 -0700, Robert Persson wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
> > ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! On my 600Mhz machine (which plays big divx
> > DVD and HDTV rips perfectly in full screen mode) I get at MOST 1 FPS.
> > Most YouTube videos never play - the red bar fills up, I see the first
> > frame, and can fast forward and rewind, but the video behaves as if it's
> > always paused.
> >

> > Guess I'll have to go back to Windows if I want to use this new &
> > improved proprietary multimedia Internet... sigh... it was fun while it
> > lasted.
> >
> I tried YouTube once and I was massively unimpressed, both by the
> technical problems and by the total lack of anything worth watching.

I don't have cable TV and without YT's probably illegal content i would
never have seen Stephen Colbert finally roast the president of the US
and the media, would never have seen Keith Olbermann savage the US
secretary of defense ala Murrow, and would never have seen Jon Stewart
ridicule countless fools who needed to be ridiculed.

Maybe its only 0.001% of the content of YT, but surviving in the US
right now is miserable enough, and not having the sense that some widely
watched entertainers don't like the situation either would make it even
harder.

--p