Re: [linux-audio-user] Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 I/O

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 11:36:52 EEST

Richard Taylor wrote:
> Good news and bad news. Good news, recording does work.
> Bad news, zero latency monitoring comes on by default and routes
> itself to all the analog outputs so it's a bit useless really.
> Maybe there's a setting somewhere i've missed - definately nothing
> connected in jack tho.
There might be a chance that the device remembers the last mixer setting
on startup. So you what you can try is setting the mixer on a windows
machine (if you have one available) and see if it's settings are
retained on power cycles. The other option is to wait until we finish
the mixer control. I know that the current code already contains most of
the infrastructure to support this, but it's not finished. The
difficulty (and opportunity) is that the interface is the same for all
bebob devices, requiring it to be very flexible and hence pretty
complicated. Daniel is the expert on this, maybe he can shed a light
here. Maybe it's not very complicated to have a temporary tool that
kills all zero-latency monitoring paths.

Greets,

Pieter