Re: [linux-audio-user] Just a comment

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 23:48:33 EET

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

>>> Hmmm. I didn't know those formats could be tagged :(
>>>

>> than i might be wrong.
>> but there are some commercial cd-audio, where the cd player will read
>> the titles...
>> i dont get it done with ardour/gcdmaster/cdrdao.
>>

> Never heared of id3 or similar tagging in combination with wav/aiff.
> I think both have an (optional) comment section, no standard on
> what can or should go there.
>
> I guess the cd-audio thing is cd-text, no clue how it's structured.
>

> --
> Thorsten Wilms

yeah, that might be true, but i was not so sure what i am telling, so i
just came home and i searched in my "cd-othek" and i found pretty fast.
original cd, bought in the 90´ produced by ECM: "Charlie Mariano & The
Karnatka College Of Percussion".
and exactly that one shows all the tracks per name/interpreter in the
alsaplayer, but not in the xmms nor in my car audio cdplayer.

so my actually question is, where all the entries that i made in ardour
export goes (track name, interpreter,...) as i cannot see them after
burning in any peace of software?

cheers,
doc