Re: [linux-audio-user] Radio Interference problems when recording

From: Vince Werber <ka1iic@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 17:50:58 EEST

HI...

What you are experiencing is called rectification... a major pain but
fixable with a little work...

And yes your basement was sheilding you from the radio signals. but that
is moot in this case...

You were right to check your cables but have you checked your connectors
for dirt and corrotion(sp) ??

You may need to buy some ferrite beads and place them on the cables where
they break out to your sound panels... generally you wind it around the
hot leads (not the ground) and reconnect them to there respective
terminals...

Allot of work... yes... but it will work...

Also... high impedence mikes etc tend to do this more that balanced 600
ohm runs so you might want to check that out...

More when I get the coffee into me :-)

vince

ka1iic@email-addr-hidden