[linux-audio-user] Trying to compile VST support in Ardour

From: Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2006 - 18:10:30 EET

Hello,

I have compiled fst 1.8 (correctly, I think), and now I'm trying to
recompile Ardour 0.99.2 with VST support. These are the errors I'm
getting:

[root@email-addr-hidden ardour-0.99.2]# scons VST=1 VSTPATH=/usr/local/bin
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Package libfst was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libfst.pc'
No package 'libfst' found

In the documentation for fst on Joe Button's site, it says:

5) Optional: To build Ardour 0.99.x with FST support :
Copy the SC* files from the Ardour directory into your Ardour build
path, then compile Ardour with these options :
scons VST=1 VSTPATH=/path/to/compiled/fst

I have copied fst and fst.exe.so to /usr/local/bin, and as far as I
can tell, fst works perfectly by itself.

What is going on here? Should libfst have been created, or is Ardour
looking for something from an outdated version of fst?

Any help would be much appreciated!

-TimH