[linux-audio-user] Re: [Freebob-devel] Re: Help me set the volume for Freebob, please!

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 04:15:20 EET

> You're welcome. It was on my list to do but not in that order. So you
> just reordered my todo list a bit :)

If there is any pasttime I enjoy more than sex, it's rearranging
people's priorities.

> Because of that I have started to look into the mixer. Looks interesting.

Cool :)

Well I've got it down that the hum only happens when phantom power is
switched on... Or, more precisely, that it is a LOT louder then. It is
the same hum I've been having with Jack for ages, only softer than on my
internal sound card. It happens as soon as I start jack and stops when I
stop jack and is louder the less latency there is.

WTF??? How odd. Dying to get a solution, it's been plaguing me for
years. Note: It does get softer when I used an adapter to remove
grounding of the notebook, but it's still there. How odd.

Well :) Just an update here and the slight hope someone who has the
answer might see this!

Thanks again, Daniel!

Carlo

PS: You don't happen to know whether the Apogee Ensemble could be run
using freebob? If so, I am eager to test.