Re: [linux-audio-user] Cannot get qjackctl, jackd, alsa working.

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 11 2006 - 16:40:44 EET

David Froseth schrieb:
> I am trying to get jackd, qjackctl, and alsa working on a pentium d
> desktop running ubuntu edgy. I am getting these error messages when I

jackd does not run sufficiently in ubuntu edgy, you need to alter the
system to make jackd start and run properly:

1.) have you started alsa-seq?

ALSA Sequencer

If you are planning on using MIDI at all, you will want to load the ALSA
sequencer module.

  sudo modprobe snd-seq

To have your system load it at bootup, you have to add it to the
/etc/modules file.

  sudo su -c 'echo snd-seq >> /etc/modules'

2) you need a kernel, that has the capabilities needed by jackd.
Unfortunately these are not provided anymore by the
Ubuntu-Standardkernel but you can still use edgy if you install the
"testing"-kernel from ubuntumusique:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=261821

works very well for me on edgy

good luck