[linux-audio-user] using Kubuntu

From: enrico <yoenrico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 20:24:11 EET

Hi all!

In the past years I've allways been happy using Slackware for
(professional)audio stuff,from versions 9.0 to 10.2.(never any timeconsuming
(kernel)upgrades).Since I have bought a Acer 1690 laptop,that I usually don't
use for audiorecording etc.,I decided to try out Kubuntu 6.06,because of the
out of the box functionality concerning peripherals like WiFi,touchpad&wide
screen graphics.I was able to get some of those working with Slackware ,but
with great effort and some limitations though.To my great surprise it turned
out that through the apt-get manager I was able to get Jack&Ardour up and
running in no time,as where it always took me at least a day to get
everything compiled on the good old P3/800.However,I have no idea about the
lowest latencies I can get with it(with the shipped kernel)and if I want to
compile things from scratch it's certainly no Slackware.

Well,so far so good so nice!

Just my eurocent...

Enrico.